FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 5, 2015
For press inquiries: 919.932.9985
New Crystorama Lighting Explores Latest Fashion, Home Trends
Metallic Finishes, Bold Shapes and Creative Mixes in the Spotlight This Market
|Westbury, N.Y. - Inspired by the latest trends in fashion and architecture, lighting leader Crystorama is expanding its line at the Jan. 14-18 Dallas Total Home & Gift Market with a variety of fresh, high-styled designs featuring luxurious metallic finishes, bold geometric shapes and creative mixing of materials. |
"We have our fingers on the pulse of what the American consumer wants in lighting right now," said Brad Kleinberg, president of Crystorama Lighting, whose crystal chandeliers and other lighting fixtures are featured in many of America's leading clothing stores in addition to homes. "We're constantly studying the latest directions in fashion and home design to keep our lighting styles current with the latest trends in color, texture and shaping. Our new collections showcase the unique, handcrafted details that make lighting an accessory for the home, as jewelry is to fashion."
In its expanded showroom in Space 3503 of the Dallas Trade Mart, Crystorama will spotlight nine new lighting collections this market. In addition, the company will add new pieces and finishes to a variety of its best-selling lines, including the new Libby Langdon for Crystorama collection introduced at the July Dallas market. Designer, author and TV personality Langdon will be in the Crystorama showroom on Wednesday, Jan. 14, from 4 to 6 p.m. for a reception celebrating the company's expanded space, as well as on Thursday, Jan. 15.
The creative force behind New York City-based design firm Libby Interiors, Langdon has a signature style that combines classic lines with chic, modern twists. Langdon's residential and commercial projects convey an "easy, elegant, everyday" style that has won her wide acclaim and a large base of loyal fans, who follow her work through her active presence on television and in leading shelter magazines.
"Libby's designs are functional, fashionable and totally in tune with what today's consumers are looking for," Kleinberg said. "The program has just started to hit retail stores and it's already off to a very good start. Consumers know and trust Libby, and that's created some valuable new exposure for our upscale but very affordable designs."
At this month's Dallas market, Crystorama is expanding two collections in the Libby Langdon line. For the Sylvan Collection, a transitional design with polished nickel arms and textured linen shades, a dark bronze finish is being added. The Jennings Collection, which features a chic, polished nickel geometric pattern, is being expanded with an aged brass finish.
|Along with extensions to the Libby Langdon program, Crystorama also is bringing out an assortment of new collections in its flagship line. They include: |
Rounding out its Dallas introductions, Crystorama also is adding new sizes, shapes and finishes to three existing collections: Broche, an elegant floral-inspired pattern in two artisan finishes; Filmore, a wrought iron barrel-style drum design in two finishes and three crystal grades; and Luna, an industrial modern design with flat, sleek panels reminiscent of ribbon, in a stunning bronze-and-gold finish.
- The Layla Collection features a drum-shaped style lined with slim metal discs that appear to be floating. Available in an distressed Antique Silver or Antique Gold finish, the collection includes two chandeliers, a sconce and ceiling-mounted fixture.
- The Bentley Collection is a simple yet elegant design that combines clear glass with vibrant brass curves. The collection includes two chandeliers and a sconce.
- Inspired by the famed astronomer, the Galileo Collection makes a bold contemporary statement with its starburst design in forged bronze with an iron finish. The collection includes a ceiling-mount fixture and eight-light pendant.
- The Capri Collection, a hammered metal offering in a raw steel finish, makes a strong geometric statement by creatively combining a series of rectangular shapes. The arms on the chandeliers are collapsible, allowing the pieces to go wide or skinny depending on the space where they are being used. A sconce is also available.
- The Barrymore Collection is a traditional design with a modern flair. Hand-cut crystals and sparkling beads convey a sense of dressed-up formality, while polished chrome and clear blown-glass ball drops provide a distinctly contemporary spin. The collection includes two chandeliers and a sconce.
- Abstract and modern, the Sterling Collection conveys an aura of romance and mystery. Incorporating graduated sparkling crystal gems set in cool metal, the collection features a Distressed Twilight finish with glowing touches of silver and gold. Pieces include a vanity light, two ceiling-mount fixtures and a sconce.
- Industrial and modern themes intersect in the eye-catching Lattice Collection, which features a series of overlapping squares and rectangles - a hot motif in home décor right now - in hand-hammered metal with a raw steel finish. The collection includes a drum-shaped ceiling-mount fixture, chandelier and sconce as well as a cone-shaped chandelier and two airy sconce designs.
- The Carson Collection features a distinct modern shape with subtle geometric details, polished nickel finish and light-catching lucite cubes. Viewed from underneath, the ceiling mount and two chandelier designs project a star shape, and the motif also appears on the the fixture bases.
- Classic and curvaceous, the Lawson Collection features an aged brass finish with tapered shaping and a center column of crystal. The collection includes two chandeliers, a pendant, sconce and ceiling-mount fixture.
|About Crystorama |
For more than 50 years, Crystorama has been a leader in the lighting industry, recognized for distinctive lighting creations that are exceptional in quality, design and craftsmanship. Drawing upon its depth of knowledge and expertise and inspired by fashion and art, Crystorama continues to innovate with modern shapes, materials and colors.
Crystorama chandeliers are featured in such prestigious institutions as the U.S. Supreme Court, Constitution Hall and the Palace Theatre, as well as hotels, resorts and homes that range from urban lofts and country estates to suburban neighborhoods. The family owned business is headquartered in Westbury, N.Y., and serves retailers and contract distributors nationwide. For more details, visit www.crystorama.com.
|For press inquiries or interview requests: |